Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big Beautiful Baby




Afton is a dream girl! Yea, she had decided the sleep 3-4 hours thing is not for her and is now down to about an hour and a half to two....unless of course it's the middle of the day, she's almost at three this minute! Crazy little lady, I can't believe how much cuter she is every single time I see her - it's just unreal. One thing you'll notice about these new photo's is that the girl does not wear clothes, in my assessment, why bother. She needs to be skin on skin to stay awake while feeding (she has what our lactation consultant calls a "lazy suck") and she has to be swaddled in a receiving blanket to fall asleep. Not to mention her other new thing is to pooh pretty much constantly, I mean sometimes 3 times in a feeding. She's a super pooh monster.....what's the point of even a onsie ya know? She has been clothed a few times, but those are the times she quickly aims her pooh as far outside her diaper as possible, impressive really. We went to the doctor yesterday and she is 97% for height and and 83% for weight! The doctor commented multiple times on how cute she was and went on and on about her strong neck, long toes and super healthy perfect skin. Plus - she's just barely short of her birth weight again. Our little love girl is thriving, and anxious to meet you. Before long I will be wearing clothes and make-up again and ready for guests. I keep thinking I will get a chance to go visit Burton to show her off, but we're still dialing in our schedule so it might be a minute. More pictures coming soon!! - maybe even one with me in it now that I've lost almost 28 pounds. I will just say I LOVE not being pregnant - there are bones in my ankles and I'm beginning to recognize myself again - it's really really great. No more barfing when I bend over!

5 comments:

  1. i need to hold her as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for you to post more pictures. Maybe you can even include some of your house too, since I've never been there! Congratulations on the 28 pound weight loss. That is crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on raising a nudist baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much she is changing already! She is so freaking cute! Afton, stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's georgeous! she looks like a caroline junior for sure. congrats!

    ReplyDelete