Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Benito Juarez.....


I just have to say a few things about my sweet sweet bird - it's quite sad really, but this gorgeous creature that has been so loved with such genuine concern (despite his frequently ungrateful attitude) will never love in quite the way he has been loved. Of course I still love Benito, but as I ate breakfast the other morning and he walked around our patio table trying to find a corner to dig in and destroy it, I shed a tear for the new place he holds in my heart. How could he not respond to this? How have the rest of you successfully added a human life to a family that previously had existed of 2 plus an animal? He's been pretty weird to me this week for sure, and maybe he will adjust, who knows, but I can't help but worry for him as I am now so much less worried for him. We were driving home from church a few weeks ago and smelled smoke so Justin joked that 20 Springflower is up in flames...my first thought was Benito, and my second thought was our snowboards. Life is very different now from a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment