Thursday, June 4, 2009

Afton Grace King










































Contractions started at 4:00 a.m. late Saturday night. After getting so excited I had to jump up and down in celebration of the pain I'd been waiting for....which broke my water, we arrived at the hospital about 5:45. Labor lasted until 3:45 a.m. Monday morning when after lots of pushing and being at a 10 for 4 hours it was clear that this baby needed to come out and was not cooperating, so we went to the OR and Afton Grace King was born at 4:22 a.m. June 1st. She was 9.2 lbs, 21 1/2 inches long and her head was 36 centimeters around! These things make me somewhat grateful for her decision to stay inside. She's been very hungry and adorable and all has not gone as planned, which was really always my plan, because with things like this they never do. I've been totally unavailable, and I will continue to not call back or answer my phone a few more days- I'm SO SORRY! I'm just on zero sleep and any energy I have is for this baby right now. Soon I'll be back in touch, and I very much appreciate all the understanding on that.
I'm so in love that I can't look at this girl for too long or I start crying - it's like nothing else, and we just can't believe that she's ours. I wish there was a way to share with you all her incredible expressions and noises - we are so taken with her it's ridiculous! This week has been rough, but even when I'm on just an hour and 20 minutes sleep all night, and she's crying, and I can't stop crying, and my milk hasn't come in so I can't do a thing to get her full and I'm in pain all over and drugged up and hating it, I smile when I look at her, I can't even help it! These pictures hardly show the mircacle that is Afton, but hopefully they are a small window into the magic of this sweet baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. How are you feeling little mommy!!! Blinded by BLISS!!! Can't WAIT to meet her!!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you!!! I love love love love love you!!!


    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmwa!
    -Meganos

    ReplyDelete