Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's a GIRL!!


I know this seems like a tardy announcement, but apparently it needs to be said because I can't believe how many people think my little love angel of joy and beauty is a BOY! It's really starting to tick me off. Those giant bows are just not for me, they never stay straight and they look like a weird satellite on top of her sweet head, I know they are all the rave, and I'm not mad at you if you use them, but are they the only indicator of whether a baby is a boy or girl? Little hints like skirts, dresses, pink, purple, flowers and butterflies don't seem to communicate gender, but as I learned today........EITHER DOES THE BOW! I bought some very subtle small bows at Target and have resisted using them for the most part but one matched her little striped pink shirt and cargo skirt outfit so well today I just threw it on for fun. We did our errands in the stroller walking down to the bank, the UPS store and the drug store for this and that. On our way back while waiting at an intersection this old lady with some grocery bags said........."is it a boy?" - SHE WAS WEARING A PINK BOW ON HER HEAD!!! Of course I said..."nope, she's a girl (as indicated by the pink stripes skirt and PINK BOW ON HER HEAD!). The lady said "oh..she looks like a boy"...........are you serious dude? I wanted so badly to kick her in the knee cap or say something mean like....so do you, but the flowers on your shirt tipped me off! The cute smiling picture above is what Afton is wearing today so you can judge for yourself. There's no way I'm such a blindly dotting Mom that I'm in denial about how much my girl looks like a boy..NO WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment