Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Happy Baby







December has been so much fun so far- Afton seriously just kills us with her emerging personality that develops more each day - she is such a joy. She's been eating solids for a while now and I've posted some really cute video of her eating - I love the look on her face with her first taste of peas. Unsurprisingly her favorite is pears - she just gobbles them up like crazy. At her 6 month appointment it was fun to learn that she's now 18 lbs! Double her birth weight - and she is crazy tall - 98% for her age and the doctor said she thinks Afton will be at least 5'8"- are you serious!!? So rad. As always we are constantly in search of adorable giggles - Justin succeeded by throwing the blanket over her the other night which made her laugh so hard it's just impossible cute. Another cute thing Afton's doing is sucking her toes - we keep trying to get it on video but she is too interested in the camera - I'm going to have to sneak a shot of it somehow. She also sits up like a champ for as long as she wants - she's getting really strong! There are a few pictures in here of an adventure I had with Benito yesterday. I sometimes let him play on the inside and outside of his outside cage as long as I'm close by, I know it sounds crazy, but he's never moved from it and he can't fly plus it's protected by a canopy decking on top. Anyway, I leaned out to check on him and didn't see him in his cage which was confusing and not alarming because I could hear him loud and clear. I went outside and couldn't see him anywhere, so I listened for his squawk and discovered him WAY up high in our plum tree - I mean he was up there! He must have gotten startled by something, fell from his cage and found the closest thing to climb up. I tried to bribe him down with treats but he wasn't having it. Eventually I had to climb the tree myself to get him - super danger dog, but pretty funny. Other than that we've been doing great, we're having a Christmas party this Saturday so if you're around please join us. Love you all to the max!

1 comment: